ANA Flight to LAX Delayed After Fist Fight Breaks Out (Video)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s been a crazy few weeks in commercial aviation. What started with United then continued on to American and Delta (twice) was bound to make its way to an international carrier. Sure enough, another viral, onboard incident happened yesterday on an ANA flight.
All Nippon Airways Flight 6 was supposed to take off from Tokyo (NRT) for Los Angeles (LAX). But after the Boeing 777-300ER was boarded and ready for takeoff, a violent fist fight erupted in the economy cabin. The below video was captured by Corey Hour and then posted on his Twitter page. It’s been deleted, but the video has since been posted elsewhere:
According to Hour, a passenger started the fight about 10 minutes prior to takeoff. He then allegedly yelled, “You think I’m crazy? What about the government!” A flight attendant stepped in between the two passengers who were fighting and seemed to have success in breaking it up, but then they began fighting once again. Hour said the fight ended for good when he stepped in (which would explain the abrupt end to the video) and confronted the man in the red shirt. When the red-shirted man backed down, he exited the plane.
In all, ANA Flight 6 was delayed one hour and 38 minutes on its departure.
There aren’t many other details about the flight — or the fight — at this time. Hour described how the ANA crew handled the situation by tweeting, “For the record ANA staff and passengers handled the situation with grace and respect. They did the best they could to diffuse [sic] the situation.” It’s not clear what caused the fight to escalate to that level or what exactly happened to the passengers following the altercation.
Featured image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees