ANA Flight to LAX Delayed After Fist Fight Breaks Out (Video)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s been a crazy few weeks in commercial aviation. What started with United then continued on to American and Delta (twice) was bound to make its way to an international carrier. Sure enough, another viral, onboard incident happened yesterday on an ANA flight.
All Nippon Airways Flight 6 was supposed to take off from Tokyo (NRT) for Los Angeles (LAX). But after the Boeing 777-300ER was boarded and ready for takeoff, a violent fist fight erupted in the economy cabin. The below video was captured by Corey Hour and then posted on his Twitter page. It’s been deleted, but the video has since been posted elsewhere:
According to Hour, a passenger started the fight about 10 minutes prior to takeoff. He then allegedly yelled, “You think I’m crazy? What about the government!” A flight attendant stepped in between the two passengers who were fighting and seemed to have success in breaking it up, but then they began fighting once again. Hour said the fight ended for good when he stepped in (which would explain the abrupt end to the video) and confronted the man in the red shirt. When the red-shirted man backed down, he exited the plane.
In all, ANA Flight 6 was delayed one hour and 38 minutes on its departure.
There aren’t many other details about the flight — or the fight — at this time. Hour described how the ANA crew handled the situation by tweeting, “For the record ANA staff and passengers handled the situation with grace and respect. They did the best they could to diffuse [sic] the situation.” It’s not clear what caused the fight to escalate to that level or what exactly happened to the passengers following the altercation.
Featured image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.