Delta Pilot Slaps Woman During Jetway Altercation
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You’d think they’d know better by now, but airline personnel continue to get involved in altercations with customers.
Video has emerged from TMZ showing a fight breaking out between two women disembarking from an aircraft in Atlanta earlier this month. As the women roll around on the floor, a Delta pilot intervenes, at first by attempting to pull them apart for a moment, but then by slapping one of them. The pilot then seems to think better of his involvement by walking away.
A representative from Delta told TMZ that the pilot had been relieved of duty during an investigation of the incident, but was now back at work because the airline found the pilot had “deescalated” the situation. It’s not clear how that conclusion was reached.
The incident is just the latest bad news involving problematic behavior between airline passengers and airlines. Earlier this month Chicago police dragged an already seated passenger from a United aircraft so the airline could instead fly its own crew members in the now infamous #BumpGate episode. Then last weekend, an American flight attendant got into a shouting match with a passenger after aggressively taking a stroller away from a woman with a baby.
In this case, there’s no denying that the two female passengers in the video were engaged in an entirely inappropriate fight in the middle of the jetway, and while the pilot appears to want to stop them, he obviously shouldn’t have engaged in any aggressive behavior of his own. Undoubtedly the best course of action for the pilot would have been to call the police to handle the situation and TMZ reports that law enforcement eventually did arrive, but neither woman was willing to file charges against anyone involved.
Featured image by TMZ.com.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.