The New VIP Terminal at LAX is Insanely Expensive
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Rumors surrounding a celebrity-only terminal have been swirling around Hollywood’s… favorite… airport, Los Angeles International (LAX) for a while now. Well, the VIP terminal will be officially opening its doors May 15, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Simply called The Private Suite, the new terminal, which is situated in its own secluded and protected location, will be available to celebrities (and other VIPs) for a hefty sum. First, there’s the $7,500 annual membership fee, then you’ll pay an additional $2,700 per domestic flight and $3,000 per international flight for the privilege of using the exclusive space (both fees cover groups up to four people). While taking 10 domestic flights in one year could set you back almost $40,000, there’s no denying you’ll be traveling — or at least waiting for your flight — in the lap of luxury.
Each member of The Private Suite is assigned a team of eight employees, each with a different role. The first gets members into the gated compound — yes, you read that right — shielding VIPs from paparazzi (and normal people) who are hoping to sell their photo to US Weekly. After entering the compound, a second team member will escort guests to their private suite where they will find a private bathroom, a well-stocked pantry, seats and a day bed, all with a view of the runway.
When it’s time for their flight, guests will be escorted through their own private TSA screening, and then it’s off to the airplane, by way of a BMW 7 Series. Once guests exit their BMW, they will find yet another team member waiting to escort them on to the aircraft. Three other team members work behind the scenes dealing with special service requests and luggage.
The Private Suite is operated by a private security firm known as Gavin de Becker & Associates, and has already sold over 1,200 memberships. Mr. de Becker summed up the mission of The Private Suite, saying that “They can have sex in here, change clothes, have arguments — we never come in and never knock on the door without a phone call first to the room,” says Mr. de Becker. The suites, he says, “give people the one thing they never get at an airport: peace.”
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees