The New VIP Terminal at LAX is Insanely Expensive
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Rumors surrounding a celebrity-only terminal have been swirling around Hollywood’s… favorite… airport, Los Angeles International (LAX) for a while now. Well, the VIP terminal will be officially opening its doors May 15, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Simply called The Private Suite, the new terminal, which is situated in its own secluded and protected location, will be available to celebrities (and other VIPs) for a hefty sum. First, there’s the $7,500 annual membership fee, then you’ll pay an additional $2,700 per domestic flight and $3,000 per international flight for the privilege of using the exclusive space (both fees cover groups up to four people). While taking 10 domestic flights in one year could set you back almost $40,000, there’s no denying you’ll be traveling — or at least waiting for your flight — in the lap of luxury.
Each member of The Private Suite is assigned a team of eight employees, each with a different role. The first gets members into the gated compound — yes, you read that right — shielding VIPs from paparazzi (and normal people) who are hoping to sell their photo to US Weekly. After entering the compound, a second team member will escort guests to their private suite where they will find a private bathroom, a well-stocked pantry, seats and a day bed, all with a view of the runway.
When it’s time for their flight, guests will be escorted through their own private TSA screening, and then it’s off to the airplane, by way of a BMW 7 Series. Once guests exit their BMW, they will find yet another team member waiting to escort them on to the aircraft. Three other team members work behind the scenes dealing with special service requests and luggage.
The Private Suite is operated by a private security firm known as Gavin de Becker & Associates, and has already sold over 1,200 memberships. Mr. de Becker summed up the mission of The Private Suite, saying that “They can have sex in here, change clothes, have arguments — we never come in and never knock on the door without a phone call first to the room,” says Mr. de Becker. The suites, he says, “give people the one thing they never get at an airport: peace.”
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.