Bird Gets Stuck on Man’s Face During Roller Coaster Ride
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week, Ferrari Land opened at PortAventura World, a theme park complex located about 90 minutes from Barcelona, boasting Red Force, the tallest and fastest roller coaster in Europe, which launches riders up its 368-foot incline, going from 0 to 112 mph in 5 seconds.While these kinds of rides are designed to exhilarate with steep drops, wild loops, high speeds and all kinds of crazy twists and turns, one thrill-seeker got a bit more than he bargained for.
According to an article by Thrillist, the man, who was seated in the front row and entering the ride’s first incline at speeds of more than 100mph, got quite a surprise when a bird crashed into his face and got caught in the crook of his neck, likely a result of the ride’s velocity. Flustered at first, the man eventually figures out what’s happening after a few seconds, and quickly moves to fling the flying creature back into the sky, motioning to his friend (who has no idea what’s going on next to him) before regaining his composure, throwing his hands back in the air and enjoying the rest of the ride despite the interesting interruption. While this sort of thing may seem like a rare occurrence, Fabio can tell you otherwise. Check out the hilarious encounter in action, below (spoiler alert: he’s fine). Here’s hoping we’re able to handle something this dramatic with the same amount of chill.
Featured image courtesy of Lluis Gene via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees