Bird Gets Stuck on Man’s Face During Roller Coaster Ride
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week, Ferrari Land opened at PortAventura World, a theme park complex located about 90 minutes from Barcelona, boasting Red Force, the tallest and fastest roller coaster in Europe, which launches riders up its 368-foot incline, going from 0 to 112 mph in 5 seconds.While these kinds of rides are designed to exhilarate with steep drops, wild loops, high speeds and all kinds of crazy twists and turns, one thrill-seeker got a bit more than he bargained for.
According to an article by Thrillist, the man, who was seated in the front row and entering the ride’s first incline at speeds of more than 100mph, got quite a surprise when a bird crashed into his face and got caught in the crook of his neck, likely a result of the ride’s velocity. Flustered at first, the man eventually figures out what’s happening after a few seconds, and quickly moves to fling the flying creature back into the sky, motioning to his friend (who has no idea what’s going on next to him) before regaining his composure, throwing his hands back in the air and enjoying the rest of the ride despite the interesting interruption. While this sort of thing may seem like a rare occurrence, Fabio can tell you otherwise. Check out the hilarious encounter in action, below (spoiler alert: he’s fine). Here’s hoping we’re able to handle something this dramatic with the same amount of chill.
Featured image courtesy of Lluis Gene via Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.