A Harry Potter Exhibit Is Coming to The British Library This Fall
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Harry Potter fans, rejoice! The British Library in London — where you can view important historical documents like the Magna Carta and Gutenberg’s Bible, as well as handwritten lyrics by The Beatles — is opening a new exhibit dedicated to all things Harry Potter in honor of the 20th anniversary of her first book, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (Americans know this novel as Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone). From October 20, 2017, to February 28, 2018, Harry Potter: A History of Magic will give fans a behind-the-scenes look at J.K. Rowling’s masterpiece, featuring original manuscripts, photos and notes from her publisher, Bloomsbury, and a look into the history and mythology that inspired her to write the wildly popular seven-part series.
Each room of the exhibition will be dedicated to a class the students at Hogwarts would be required to take, including Defense Against the Dark Arts, Potions and Divination. Fans will be able to view original illustrations from Jim Kay and text from Rowling, as well as more than 100 historical artifacts that helped to shape her magical universe, like an illustration of a Phoenix rising from the ashes that dates back to 1550, a 16th-century illustration from Germany of an alchemist in robes and a mystical 15th-century drawing of dragons.
While entry to The British Library is complimentary, you will need to purchase tickets to view the Harry Potter exhibit, which you can do through its website by choosing the date and time you’re planning to visit. Prices are listed in British pounds and start at about $20 (16 GBP) for adults age 18 and older, $14 (11 GBP) for seniors over 60 and $10 (8 GBP) for students with a valid ID and children ages 5-17, while children ages four and under get in free.
H/T: Travel + Leisure
Featured image courtesy of The British Library’s Facebook page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees