A Look at Delta’s New Alessi Serviceware
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Unless you’re tucking into a Marimekko plate of food aboard a Finnair flight, chances are you can’t recall what the serviceware that came with your last in-flight meal looked like. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Just a few months after unveiling its new Zac Posen-designed uniform collection, Delta is proving its commitment to the customer experience with yet another designer collaboration: a new collection of tableware and service items, courtesy of Alessi, the world-renowned Italian housewares company.
The sleek new pieces made their debut on April 1 in the airline’s premium Delta One and First Class cabins, and will reach Delta Premium Select by the end of the year. The large-scale partnership is a first for Alessi, which has been turning everyday objects like kettles and toothbrushes into bona fide works of art for nearly 100 years — its pieces can be found in museums around the world, including New York City’s Museum of Modern Art.
Among the items that will have travelers drooling are pieces of crystal glassware, bone china and stainless steel serving pieces.
“With nearly 100 years of experience crafting innovative objects for serving food and drinks, Alessi was a natural choice for Delta,” Alberto Alessi, the company’s president, said in a press statement. “At Alessi we have worked with some of the most exciting designers in our international network to create the most innovative and advanced in-flight collection in the contemporary design scene.” We’ll raise a (crystal) glass to that!
All images courtesy of Delta.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.