A Look at Delta’s New Alessi Serviceware
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Unless you’re tucking into a Marimekko plate of food aboard a Finnair flight, chances are you can’t recall what the serviceware that came with your last in-flight meal looked like. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Just a few months after unveiling its new Zac Posen-designed uniform collection, Delta is proving its commitment to the customer experience with yet another designer collaboration: a new collection of tableware and service items, courtesy of Alessi, the world-renowned Italian housewares company.
The sleek new pieces made their debut on April 1 in the airline’s premium Delta One and First Class cabins, and will reach Delta Premium Select by the end of the year. The large-scale partnership is a first for Alessi, which has been turning everyday objects like kettles and toothbrushes into bona fide works of art for nearly 100 years — its pieces can be found in museums around the world, including New York City’s Museum of Modern Art.
Among the items that will have travelers drooling are pieces of crystal glassware, bone china and stainless steel serving pieces.
“With nearly 100 years of experience crafting innovative objects for serving food and drinks, Alessi was a natural choice for Delta,” Alberto Alessi, the company’s president, said in a press statement. “At Alessi we have worked with some of the most exciting designers in our international network to create the most innovative and advanced in-flight collection in the contemporary design scene.” We’ll raise a (crystal) glass to that!
All images courtesy of Delta.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees