A Look at Delta’s New Alessi Serviceware
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Unless you’re tucking into a Marimekko plate of food aboard a Finnair flight, chances are you can’t recall what the serviceware that came with your last in-flight meal looked like. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Just a few months after unveiling its new Zac Posen-designed uniform collection, Delta is proving its commitment to the customer experience with yet another designer collaboration: a new collection of tableware and service items, courtesy of Alessi, the world-renowned Italian housewares company.
The sleek new pieces made their debut on April 1 in the airline’s premium Delta One and First Class cabins, and will reach Delta Premium Select by the end of the year. The large-scale partnership is a first for Alessi, which has been turning everyday objects like kettles and toothbrushes into bona fide works of art for nearly 100 years — its pieces can be found in museums around the world, including New York City’s Museum of Modern Art.
Among the items that will have travelers drooling are pieces of crystal glassware, bone china and stainless steel serving pieces.
“With nearly 100 years of experience crafting innovative objects for serving food and drinks, Alessi was a natural choice for Delta,” Alberto Alessi, the company’s president, said in a press statement. “At Alessi we have worked with some of the most exciting designers in our international network to create the most innovative and advanced in-flight collection in the contemporary design scene.” We’ll raise a (crystal) glass to that!
All images courtesy of Delta.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.