Anthony Bourdain’s New Website Takes You Behind the Scenes of “Parts Unknown”
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
World traveler, eccentric chef and foodie icon Anthony Bourdain recently launched a companion website to his popular program, Parts Unknown. The show, which airs on CNN, follows Bourdain as he explores off-the-beaten-path parts of the globe, introducing the audience to foreign cultures through his interactions with locals and getting to know the culture and food of the places he visits.
The new Explore Parts Unknown website details the locations of his previous trips, featuring field notes and video clips from the show as well as country fact sheets, local food suggestions and common phrases to learn before you go so you can fit in better with the locals. The site serves as both a behind-the-scenes guide to the show, but also as an introduction to the history and culture of many countries you may not have considered visiting before. Aside from travel guides, many articles on the site range from political (The Diplomacy of Food: A Q & A with Ben Rhodes) to informative (How Springs Rolls Got to Senegal) while also exploring a blend of exotic locales and those in our own country. Check back with the site every so often, as he’ll be adding more content to go along with each new episode.
Featured image courtesy of Isaac Brekken/WireImage via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees