Anthony Bourdain’s New Website Takes You Behind the Scenes of “Parts Unknown”
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
World traveler, eccentric chef and foodie icon Anthony Bourdain recently launched a companion website to his popular program, Parts Unknown. The show, which airs on CNN, follows Bourdain as he explores off-the-beaten-path parts of the globe, introducing the audience to foreign cultures through his interactions with locals and getting to know the culture and food of the places he visits.
The new Explore Parts Unknown website details the locations of his previous trips, featuring field notes and video clips from the show as well as country fact sheets, local food suggestions and common phrases to learn before you go so you can fit in better with the locals. The site serves as both a behind-the-scenes guide to the show, but also as an introduction to the history and culture of many countries you may not have considered visiting before. Aside from travel guides, many articles on the site range from political (The Diplomacy of Food: A Q & A with Ben Rhodes) to informative (How Springs Rolls Got to Senegal) while also exploring a blend of exotic locales and those in our own country. Check back with the site every so often, as he’ll be adding more content to go along with each new episode.
Featured image courtesy of Isaac Brekken/WireImage via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.