NYC’s Museum of Natural History and Bronx Zoo Host Sleepovers for Grown-Ups
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Children’s books — and movies like Night at the Museum — have long left kids fantasizing about what a museum slumber party might be like. But just because you’re old enough to (legally) order a cocktail doesn’t mean you’re not still curious. So what are you waiting for?
Inquisitive types who don’t mind spending a night with strangers can reserve their spot for one of the American Museum of Natural History’s Night at the Museum Sleepovers for Grown-Ups, which are happening on May 5 and June 30. An offshoot of the museum’s Night at the Museum Sleepovers for kids, the grown-up versions are free of youngsters (you must be at least 21 years old to attend) but full of Champagne.
Your overnight visit kicks off with some jazz and bubbly in the Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Hall, so you can get to know your bunkmates or just formalize your plan for maximizing your museum time. From there, you’ll spend the night roaming the museum’s iconic halls, and surely snapping a selfie with the AMNH’s famous 65-million-year-old Tyrannosaurus rex. When (and if) you finally feel the need for some shut-eye, you can curl up under the enormous blue whale that hangs in the museum’s Milstein Hall of Ocean Life. The $350 ticket ($300 for museum members) also includes a buffet dinner — with wine and beer — a flashlight-led fossil tour, a live animal exhibition, access to special exhibits, a cot for sleeping and bragging rights that you once had the museum (almost) all to yourself.
If “live animal exhibition” is what got you most excited, you might want to think about spending the night at the Bronx Zoo, which hosts its own adults-only slumber party happening Saturday, May 6. Also $350 (or $315 for members), guests will be treated to dinner, drinks, special access to select exhibits, a tango performance, an already-set-up tent and hot breakfast in the morning. The night will also feature an array of themed parties, including a tropical party with the zoo’s flamingos and Sangria and cheese in the Mouse House, plus an Instagram-focused scavenger hunt so you can make all your friends jealous. Things are going to get wild!
Featured image courtesy of the American Museum of Natural History’s Facebook page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees