NYC’s Museum of Natural History and Bronx Zoo Host Sleepovers for Grown-Ups
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Children’s books — and movies like Night at the Museum — have long left kids fantasizing about what a museum slumber party might be like. But just because you’re old enough to (legally) order a cocktail doesn’t mean you’re not still curious. So what are you waiting for?
Inquisitive types who don’t mind spending a night with strangers can reserve their spot for one of the American Museum of Natural History’s Night at the Museum Sleepovers for Grown-Ups, which are happening on May 5 and June 30. An offshoot of the museum’s Night at the Museum Sleepovers for kids, the grown-up versions are free of youngsters (you must be at least 21 years old to attend) but full of Champagne.
Your overnight visit kicks off with some jazz and bubbly in the Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Hall, so you can get to know your bunkmates or just formalize your plan for maximizing your museum time. From there, you’ll spend the night roaming the museum’s iconic halls, and surely snapping a selfie with the AMNH’s famous 65-million-year-old Tyrannosaurus rex. When (and if) you finally feel the need for some shut-eye, you can curl up under the enormous blue whale that hangs in the museum’s Milstein Hall of Ocean Life. The $350 ticket ($300 for museum members) also includes a buffet dinner — with wine and beer — a flashlight-led fossil tour, a live animal exhibition, access to special exhibits, a cot for sleeping and bragging rights that you once had the museum (almost) all to yourself.
If “live animal exhibition” is what got you most excited, you might want to think about spending the night at the Bronx Zoo, which hosts its own adults-only slumber party happening Saturday, May 6. Also $350 (or $315 for members), guests will be treated to dinner, drinks, special access to select exhibits, a tango performance, an already-set-up tent and hot breakfast in the morning. The night will also feature an array of themed parties, including a tropical party with the zoo’s flamingos and Sangria and cheese in the Mouse House, plus an Instagram-focused scavenger hunt so you can make all your friends jealous. Things are going to get wild!
Featured image courtesy of the American Museum of Natural History’s Facebook page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.