The Top 25 Beaches in the World, According to TripAdvisor
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TripAdvisor recently released its list of the best beaches in the world, part of its 2017 Travelers’ Choice Awards. Unlike other travel websites, where similar lists are curated by a team of editors and travel experts, these rankings were based strictly on the reviews and ratings of TripAdvisor’s users.
While the top 25 beaches were located all around the world, many of them were in the Caribbean. Here’s a handy Google Map so you can get a better idea of where to find them:
TripAdvisors chose Baía do Sancho as the #1 beach in the world — it’s located 220 miles off the coast of Brazil on the archipelago of Fernando de Noronha. The beach is also historically significant because it’s where the Portuguese explorers first landed in the 1500s. The island limits visitors to just 500 a day, helping to keep this UNESCO World Heritage Site calm, secluded and preserved.
Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos came in second place, with its crystal clear waters and white sand helping this beach rank high.
Aruba’s Eagle Beach came in third, with reviewers saying the soft sand and lack of crowds made this particular spot of sand extra special.
Now that Cuba is open to American travelers, you’ll have the chance to visit Playa Pariso, which took the #4 spot. The beach is located on the small island of Cayo Largo just off Cuba’s southern coast, which is accessible by plane or boat.
Siesta Beach — located in Siesta Key, Florida, just south of Sarasota along the Gulf Coast — came in at #5 and is currently the highest ranking beach in the US according to TripAdvisor users. What did travelers say was one of the best things about this beach? White sand that stays cool and doesn’t burn your feet.
You can see Tripadvisor’s full list here, but here’s a look at the Top 25:
- Baía do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
- Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales, Turks & Caicos
- Eagle Beach, Aruba
- Playa Paraiso Beach, Cayo Largo, Cuba
- Siesta Beach, Siesta Key, Florida
- Playa de La Concha, San Sebastián, Spain
- Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
- Radhanagar Beach, Havelock Island, India
- Elafonissi Beach, Elafonissi, Greece
- Galapagos Beach at Tortuga Bay, Puerto Ayora, Ecuador
- Anse Lazio Beach, Praslin Island, Seychelles
- Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman
- Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico
- Bávaro Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Seven Mile Beach, Negril, Jamaica
- Anakena Beach, Easter Island, Chile
- Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Islands, Australia
- La Cote des Basques, Biarritz, France
- Fig Tree Bay, Protaras, Cyprus
- West Bay Beach, West Bay, Honduras
- Camps Bay Beach, Camps Bay, South Africa
- Praia de Santa Maria, Santa Maria, Cape Verde
- Playa Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
- White Beach, Boracay, Philippines
- Ngapali Beach, Myanmar
Which of these beaches have you been to? Are there any you think should have been on this list? Let us know in the comments, below.
Featured image of Anse Lazio Beach in the Seychelles and all other photos courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees