You Can Now Redeem Marriott Rewards Points for TSA PreCheck
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: Citi Prestige
Aside from paying for membership or using a credit card perk to get you TSA PreCheck, some loyalty programs allow you to redeem your points or miles for the expedited security service. United and Southwest offer this redemption option, and, as of today, you can also redeem your Marriott Rewards points to enroll in TSA PreCheck.
It’ll cost you 25,000 Marriott Rewards points to get TSA PreCheck membership through the Marriott Rewards redemption shopping site.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, those 25,000 Marriott Rewards points are worth $225, compared to just $85 if you were to buy a PreCheck membership outright. Plus, a number of cards offer a fee credit for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry.
Cards that offer this perk include the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Citi Prestige and the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card. But, if you don’t have one of those cards, don’t want to buy PreCheck or Global Entry and have a surplus of Marriott Rewards points, this could be an option worth considering. Just keep in mind that you’re not getting great value for your points by redeeming them this way.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.