You Can Now Redeem Marriott Rewards Points for TSA PreCheck
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: Citi Prestige
Aside from paying for membership or using a credit card perk to get you TSA PreCheck, some loyalty programs allow you to redeem your points or miles for the expedited security service. United and Southwest offer this redemption option, and, as of today, you can also redeem your Marriott Rewards points to enroll in TSA PreCheck.
It’ll cost you 25,000 Marriott Rewards points to get TSA PreCheck membership through the Marriott Rewards redemption shopping site.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, those 25,000 Marriott Rewards points are worth $225, compared to just $85 if you were to buy a PreCheck membership outright. Plus, a number of cards offer a fee credit for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry.
Cards that offer this perk include the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Citi Prestige and the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card. But, if you don’t have one of those cards, don’t want to buy PreCheck or Global Entry and have a surplus of Marriott Rewards points, this could be an option worth considering. Just keep in mind that you’re not getting great value for your points by redeeming them this way.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee