American Express Opens Pop-Up Centurion Lounge at Deer Valley
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Frequent travelers are used to seeing Centurion Lounges in an airport. But American Express is opening a temporary lounge at a location that might surprise you — Deer Valley, Utah.
The pop-up Centurion Lounge will be open today in Deer Valley for 10 days only. The lounge is located mid-mountain near the Empire Canyon Lodge & Montage Hotel, and will remain open today through March 19 — each day from 10:00am to 4:00pm MST. Inside the lounge, you’ll have access to ski lessons from Olympic champions, wine tastings with the Centurion Lounge Wine Director, Anthony Giglio, Vosges chocolate tastings, après-ski cocktails and bites and warming stations for your helmets and boots.
Amex has opened pop-up lounges in the past, including one at LAX. You need to have the Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express or the Centurion Card in order to gain access to the lounge. Each cardholder is allowed to bring in two guests or immediate family members — the same as the current rules for cardholders when it comes to Centurion Lounge access. Once you’re inside, the goal of the pop-up is to create an experience similar to what you’ll get in a normal Centurion Lounge — a relaxing feel so you’re recharged when returning to the slopes.
This is an unexpected move from American Express and will be a fun place to be treated to some extra perks on your vacation — check it out if you’re skiing at Deer Valley between now and March 19.
Featured image courtesy of johnnya123 via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.