American Express Opens Pop-Up Centurion Lounge at Deer Valley
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Frequent travelers are used to seeing Centurion Lounges in an airport. But American Express is opening a temporary lounge at a location that might surprise you — Deer Valley, Utah.
The pop-up Centurion Lounge will be open today in Deer Valley for 10 days only. The lounge is located mid-mountain near the Empire Canyon Lodge & Montage Hotel, and will remain open today through March 19 — each day from 10:00am to 4:00pm MST. Inside the lounge, you’ll have access to ski lessons from Olympic champions, wine tastings with the Centurion Lounge Wine Director, Anthony Giglio, Vosges chocolate tastings, après-ski cocktails and bites and warming stations for your helmets and boots.
Amex has opened pop-up lounges in the past, including one at LAX. You need to have the Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express or the Centurion Card in order to gain access to the lounge. Each cardholder is allowed to bring in two guests or immediate family members — the same as the current rules for cardholders when it comes to Centurion Lounge access. Once you’re inside, the goal of the pop-up is to create an experience similar to what you’ll get in a normal Centurion Lounge — a relaxing feel so you’re recharged when returning to the slopes.
This is an unexpected move from American Express and will be a fun place to be treated to some extra perks on your vacation — check it out if you’re skiing at Deer Valley between now and March 19.
Featured image courtesy of johnnya123 via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees