This Site Helps You Book Reservations at Japan’s Hottest Restaurants
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Imagine you’ve booked a trip to Tokyo, planned out everything you wanted to see and do and the places you wanted to eat, only to find out your culinary wishes can’t come true because you don’t have one thing: a reservation.
That’s where Tableall comes in. Japan is home to some of the world’s most exclusive — and notoriously difficult to book — restaurants, like Tempura Motoyoshi, Karyu, Higuchi and Sushi Arai, among others. Created by a former Goldman Sachs banker Takashi Yamada and launched in late-2016, the site offers customers seats at restaurants that are in high demand by buying them out in advance so Tableall’s customers will be able to get in.
When looking for your reservation, simply select the date you wish to go and Tableall will display all available restaurants with seats for parties of two. Note that there’s a fee of 3,000 Japanese yen (~$26) per reservation. To help curb cancellations, you must pre-pay the price of a full-course meal — usually the best available course — as well as all service charges and taxes. If you order additional food items or beverages while you’re at the restaurant, you’ll need to pay for those separately.
Finding a reservation at one of Japan’s more exclusive and high-end restaurants could be impossible if you don’t plan months in advance, speak Japanese or don’t use a Japanese-speaking friend or concierge service to do it for you. But with Tableall, you could be on your way to dining well on your next trip to Japan. Check out TPG’s own experience with Tokyo’s stellar restaurant scene in this episode of TPGtv:
Featured image courtesy of Buddhika Weerasinghe via Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees