This Site Helps You Book Reservations at Japan’s Hottest Restaurants
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Imagine you’ve booked a trip to Tokyo, planned out everything you wanted to see and do and the places you wanted to eat, only to find out your culinary wishes can’t come true because you don’t have one thing: a reservation.
That’s where Tableall comes in. Japan is home to some of the world’s most exclusive — and notoriously difficult to book — restaurants, like Tempura Motoyoshi, Karyu, Higuchi and Sushi Arai, among others. Created by a former Goldman Sachs banker Takashi Yamada and launched in late-2016, the site offers customers seats at restaurants that are in high demand by buying them out in advance so Tableall’s customers will be able to get in.
When looking for your reservation, simply select the date you wish to go and Tableall will display all available restaurants with seats for parties of two. Note that there’s a fee of 3,000 Japanese yen (~$26) per reservation. To help curb cancellations, you must pre-pay the price of a full-course meal — usually the best available course — as well as all service charges and taxes. If you order additional food items or beverages while you’re at the restaurant, you’ll need to pay for those separately.
Finding a reservation at one of Japan’s more exclusive and high-end restaurants could be impossible if you don’t plan months in advance, speak Japanese or don’t use a Japanese-speaking friend or concierge service to do it for you. But with Tableall, you could be on your way to dining well on your next trip to Japan. Check out TPG’s own experience with Tokyo’s stellar restaurant scene in this episode of TPGtv:
Featured image courtesy of Buddhika Weerasinghe via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.