This Site Helps You Book Reservations at Japan’s Hottest Restaurants
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Imagine you’ve booked a trip to Tokyo, planned out everything you wanted to see and do and the places you wanted to eat, only to find out your culinary wishes can’t come true because you don’t have one thing: a reservation.
That’s where Tableall comes in. Japan is home to some of the world’s most exclusive — and notoriously difficult to book — restaurants, like Tempura Motoyoshi, Karyu, Higuchi and Sushi Arai, among others. Created by a former Goldman Sachs banker Takashi Yamada and launched in late-2016, the site offers customers seats at restaurants that are in high demand by buying them out in advance so Tableall’s customers will be able to get in.
When looking for your reservation, simply select the date you wish to go and Tableall will display all available restaurants with seats for parties of two. Note that there’s a fee of 3,000 Japanese yen (~$26) per reservation. To help curb cancellations, you must pre-pay the price of a full-course meal — usually the best available course — as well as all service charges and taxes. If you order additional food items or beverages while you’re at the restaurant, you’ll need to pay for those separately.
Finding a reservation at one of Japan’s more exclusive and high-end restaurants could be impossible if you don’t plan months in advance, speak Japanese or don’t use a Japanese-speaking friend or concierge service to do it for you. But with Tableall, you could be on your way to dining well on your next trip to Japan. Check out TPG’s own experience with Tokyo’s stellar restaurant scene in this episode of TPGtv:
Featured image courtesy of Buddhika Weerasinghe via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees