5 Travel Accessories That Can Make Your Next Trip Easier
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Even for the most seasoned flyers, traveling can be a hassle. From portable scales — so you’ll never again have to pay for an overweight bag — to a laundry kit that’ll keep your clothes looking and smelling fresh, these five travel accessories can help reduce stress, save space and keep you powered up and looking your best on the road.
1. Portable Luggage Scale
Having overweight baggage is a surefire way to add unnecessary expenses to your trip, and attempting to weigh a large duffle bag on a floor scale can be tricky. Instead, try using a portable luggage scale, like this one from Camry that’s available on Amazon for about $9 and holds up to 110 lbs. Simply attach this tiny money-saving device to the top of your bag, then lift the scale (and your bag) to find out its weight before you head to the airport.
This mini-charger, available on Amazon for $16, is the size of a small candy bar and can fit easily into your pocket. When fully charged, this small but powerful gadget can add almost two charges worth of juice to your iPhone7 or 6s. It can also add up to one full charge to your iPhone 7 Plus, Galaxy S7, or Nexus 5 as well as other smartphones. Perfect for flights and airports that don’t have charging stations, this little guy will make sure you never drop below 20% again.
3. Passport Holder
This simple passport holder will set you back only $10 and is a great way to keep your passport, ID and credit cards safely stowed when you travel. Instead of having these precious items floating around in your purse, tucked into a back-pocket or stuffed into a bag, this holder keeps everything nice and organized, making your passport and credit cards easily accessible and leading to less frantic searching when you need to reach them in a hurry.
4. Travel Hamper
If you’re tired of trying to pack dirty and clean clothes back into your suitcase at the end of a trip, use a travel bag organizer to help keep the two separated. This sturdy canvas bag, which runs $13 on Shopbop, will hold all your dirty clothes, keeping the rest of your bag smelling fresh. It’s small enough to take with you and can double as a laundry bag if you’ll be near a washer/dryer during your trip.
5. Laundry Kit
Traveling for long periods of time without showers or washing machines can lead to dirty, wrinkled and sometimes unpleasant smelling clothing. This travel size fabric care kit, available for $34 on Shopbop, comes with with a plethora of goodies to keep your clothes spotless, including liquid stain removal packs and a stain removal bar of soap, perfect for messes that need a bit more scrubbing. The kit also comes with a few spray-on solutions that can remove wrinkles, static and unpleasant odors. Spill a little bit of that airplane food on your shirt? No problem!
What items do you constantly bring along to help make your travels easier? Tell us about them, below.
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees