5 Travel Accessories That Can Make Your Next Trip Easier
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Even for the most seasoned flyers, traveling can be a hassle. From portable scales — so you’ll never again have to pay for an overweight bag — to a laundry kit that’ll keep your clothes looking and smelling fresh, these five travel accessories can help reduce stress, save space and keep you powered up and looking your best on the road.
1. Portable Luggage Scale
Having overweight baggage is a surefire way to add unnecessary expenses to your trip, and attempting to weigh a large duffle bag on a floor scale can be tricky. Instead, try using a portable luggage scale, like this one from Camry that’s available on Amazon for about $9 and holds up to 110 lbs. Simply attach this tiny money-saving device to the top of your bag, then lift the scale (and your bag) to find out its weight before you head to the airport.
This mini-charger, available on Amazon for $16, is the size of a small candy bar and can fit easily into your pocket. When fully charged, this small but powerful gadget can add almost two charges worth of juice to your iPhone7 or 6s. It can also add up to one full charge to your iPhone 7 Plus, Galaxy S7, or Nexus 5 as well as other smartphones. Perfect for flights and airports that don’t have charging stations, this little guy will make sure you never drop below 20% again.
3. Passport Holder
This simple passport holder will set you back only $10 and is a great way to keep your passport, ID and credit cards safely stowed when you travel. Instead of having these precious items floating around in your purse, tucked into a back-pocket or stuffed into a bag, this holder keeps everything nice and organized, making your passport and credit cards easily accessible and leading to less frantic searching when you need to reach them in a hurry.
4. Travel Hamper
If you’re tired of trying to pack dirty and clean clothes back into your suitcase at the end of a trip, use a travel bag organizer to help keep the two separated. This sturdy canvas bag, which runs $13 on Shopbop, will hold all your dirty clothes, keeping the rest of your bag smelling fresh. It’s small enough to take with you and can double as a laundry bag if you’ll be near a washer/dryer during your trip.
5. Laundry Kit
Traveling for long periods of time without showers or washing machines can lead to dirty, wrinkled and sometimes unpleasant smelling clothing. This travel size fabric care kit, available for $34 on Shopbop, comes with with a plethora of goodies to keep your clothes spotless, including liquid stain removal packs and a stain removal bar of soap, perfect for messes that need a bit more scrubbing. The kit also comes with a few spray-on solutions that can remove wrinkles, static and unpleasant odors. Spill a little bit of that airplane food on your shirt? No problem!
What items do you constantly bring along to help make your travels easier? Tell us about them, below.
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.