New VIP Lounge at Frankfurt Airport Offers Private Suites
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With a comprehensive bar, sit-down restaurant and cigar room, Lufthansa’s First Class Terminal (FCT) at Frankfurt (FRA) is considered by many to be the crème de la crème of airport lounges. The FCT is definitely worth a visit — though you’ll only get access with a confirmed same-day first-class flight on Lufthansa or Swiss, or if you’re a HON Circle member with a same-day departing flight on Austrian, Lufthansa or Swiss.
Don’t fret; if your travel plans don’t entitle you to access and you’re hoping to fit in some luxury before takeoff, you’re not without options, at least when you’re flying through Frankfurt. A new VIP Lounge recently opened at FRA, and while entrance isn’t cheap, it isn’t limited to passengers of a certain airline or cabin class.
Located in the B transit zone at FRA, the new lounge offers nearly 14,000 square feet of space. Some amenities, such as a cigar lounge and a “well-stocked bar,” overlap with the offerings at the First Class Terminal, though there are some unique additions — such as a gaming lounge with consoles, a pinball machine and foosball — as well. Other high-end touches include tarmac transfers with a fleet of luxury cars including a Bentley Mulsanne, and the lounge staff will apparently accommodate “unusual requests” for things such as camel’s milk chocolate or homemade lentil soup.
While Lufthansa First Class Terminal access is complimentary with an eligible ticket, you’ll need to pay to visit the VIP Lounge. According to the website’s price list (in German only), entrance starts at 330 euros (~$353) for the first person for arrivals or departures and 180 euros (~$193) for each subsequent guest. If you’re transferring to another flight at FRA, lounge access starts a bit higher, at 340 euros (~$364) for the first person and 260 euros (~$278) for subsequent guests.
Those are just the entry-level prices, though; the VIP lounge has eight private suites with private bathrooms and runway views, and you can book packages that include access to one for four hours along with limousine service for a specified distance beyond the airport. For instance, the “Clarity” package includes lounge access plus limousine for arrivals or departures within a radius of 40 km of the airport and private use of the Superior Suite for four hours. This option costs 790 (~$846) euros for two people, and additional guests can be added for 160 (~$171) euros apiece. You can also add suite access a la carte, with prices starting at 100 euros (~$107) in the 269 square-foot Panorama Suite for two hours and going all the way up to 1,500 euros ($1,606) for the Grand Conference Lounge for the day.
Clearly, this new lounge at Frankfurt airport is not for the budget-conscious, but if you can afford to shell out and aren’t eligible to access the First Class Terminal with your itinerary, this option will definitely offer a luxurious experience. The private suites do look quite nice, and it sounds like staff will go out of their way to accommodate your requests during your time at the lounge. If you’re interested in visiting, make sure to fill out the form on the website sooner than later to make sure you can be accommodated — especially if you want to reserve a private suite.
Will you be checking out this lounge next time you fly through Frankfurt?
Featured image courtesy of the Frankfurt Airport VIP Lounge.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.