This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Where does one of the world’s busiest families go for some much needed R&R? Following their eight year stint in the White House, former President Barack Obama and former First Lady Michelle Obama headed to sunny Palm Springs, California, following the inauguration of President Donald Trump on Friday. Accompanied by their two daughters, Malia and Sasha, the Obama family posted up in a swanky 11,000-square-foot estate in Rancho Mirage complete with a pool and golf course views.
Featuring a plethora of outdoor activities — camping in Joshua Tree National Park, hiking in the Coachella Valley Preserve, hitting one of the area’s more than 40 golf courses or biking the many scenic roadways — the Obama family will have no shortage of things to do in Palm Springs. But first things first: catching up on sleep is the number one thing on the former President’s to-do list.
H/T: Travel and Leisure
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards