Obama Family Vacations in Palm Springs After Trump’s Inauguration
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Where does one of the world’s busiest families go for some much needed R&R? Following their eight year stint in the White House, former President Barack Obama and former First Lady Michelle Obama headed to sunny Palm Springs, California, following the inauguration of President Donald Trump on Friday. Accompanied by their two daughters, Malia and Sasha, the Obama family posted up in a swanky 11,000-square-foot estate in Rancho Mirage complete with a pool and golf course views.
Featuring a plethora of outdoor activities — camping in Joshua Tree National Park, hiking in the Coachella Valley Preserve, hitting one of the area’s more than 40 golf courses or biking the many scenic roadways — the Obama family will have no shortage of things to do in Palm Springs. But first things first: catching up on sleep is the number one thing on the former President’s to-do list.
H/T: Travel and Leisure
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.