Obama Family Vacations in Palm Springs After Trump’s Inauguration
Where does one of the world’s busiest families go for some much needed R&R? Following their eight year stint in the White House, former President Barack Obama and former First Lady Michelle Obama headed to sunny Palm Springs, California, following the inauguration of President Donald Trump on Friday. Accompanied by their two daughters, Malia and Sasha, the Obama family posted up in a swanky 11,000-square-foot estate in Rancho Mirage complete with a pool and golf course views.
Featuring a plethora of outdoor activities — camping in Joshua Tree National Park, hiking in the Coachella Valley Preserve, hitting one of the area’s more than 40 golf courses or biking the many scenic roadways — the Obama family will have no shortage of things to do in Palm Springs. But first things first: catching up on sleep is the number one thing on the former President’s to-do list.
H/T: Travel and Leisure
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.