You Can Now Activate Your Citi Card by Taking a Picture of It
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner
Citi just launched a special feature on its app that allows cardholders to activate a new card simply by taking a picture of it. Beginning today, you can open your Citi Mobile App and activate your card using the camera on your phone.
Once your card has been scanned, the account number will auto-populate, which speeds up the process. After your card has been scanned, you’ll have to manually input your CVV, date of birth and last four digits of your Social Security Number into their respective fields.
While this might not seem like that big a deal, scanning your card is definitely quicker than manually typing the card number during the activation process. Next time your new Citi Prestige, Citi Premier Card or other Citi card comes in the mail, consider taking advantage of this new perk.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.