This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve ever had a fraudulent charge or issue with a merchant, you know what a hassle it can be to file a credit card dispute. And with more of us on the move than ever before, the typical way of filing a credit card charge dispute via a bank’s website or over the phone just adds to the inconvenience.
Thankfully, Citi is helping to make the process a little easier. The bank just released a new version of its iPhone app, which now allows cardmembers to file disputes from your phone — a first for US credit card issuers.
Other features of the redesigned app include:
- Credit Limit Increase: Cardmembers can now request additional credit on their account through the app.
- Recurring Charges: Cardmembers can now view a list of recurring charges on their credit card account.
- Paperless Statement Enrollment: Cardmembers can now enroll in paperless statements via the app.
Unfortunately for Android users, these new features have only been rolled out on the iPhone app for now. Citi’s press release notes that the Android version will provide these features “later this month.”
It’s already enough of a pain to have to deal with an erroneous credit card charge. We applaud Citi for making it easier than ever to file a dispute when an errant charge occurs.
H/T: Doctor Of Credit
Have you checked out the new iPhone app?
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees