This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve ever had a fraudulent charge or issue with a merchant, you know what a hassle it can be to file a credit card dispute. And with more of us on the move than ever before, the typical way of filing a credit card charge dispute via a bank’s website or over the phone just adds to the inconvenience.
Thankfully, Citi is helping to make the process a little easier. The bank just released a new version of its iPhone app, which now allows cardmembers to file disputes from your phone — a first for US credit card issuers.
Other features of the redesigned app include:
- Credit Limit Increase: Cardmembers can now request additional credit on their account through the app.
- Recurring Charges: Cardmembers can now view a list of recurring charges on their credit card account.
- Paperless Statement Enrollment: Cardmembers can now enroll in paperless statements via the app.
Unfortunately for Android users, these new features have only been rolled out on the iPhone app for now. Citi’s press release notes that the Android version will provide these features “later this month.”
It’s already enough of a pain to have to deal with an erroneous credit card charge. We applaud Citi for making it easier than ever to file a dispute when an errant charge occurs.
H/T: Doctor Of Credit
Have you checked out the new iPhone app?
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards