This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve ever had a fraudulent charge or issue with a merchant, you know what a hassle it can be to file a credit card dispute. And with more of us on the move than ever before, the typical way of filing a credit card charge dispute via a bank’s website or over the phone just adds to the inconvenience.
Thankfully, Citi is helping to make the process a little easier. The bank just released a new version of its iPhone app, which now allows cardmembers to file disputes from your phone — a first for US credit card issuers.
Other features of the redesigned app include:
- Credit Limit Increase: Cardmembers can now request additional credit on their account through the app.
- Recurring Charges: Cardmembers can now view a list of recurring charges on their credit card account.
- Paperless Statement Enrollment: Cardmembers can now enroll in paperless statements via the app.
Unfortunately for Android users, these new features have only been rolled out on the iPhone app for now. Citi’s press release notes that the Android version will provide these features “later this month.”
It’s already enough of a pain to have to deal with an erroneous credit card charge. We applaud Citi for making it easier than ever to file a dispute when an errant charge occurs.
H/T: Doctor Of Credit
Have you checked out the new iPhone app?
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees