AT&T Simplifies Its International Roaming Plans
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ever so slowly, mobile provider AT&T has been eliminating roaming fees and generally making it easier for customers to stay connected. Now, following in the footsteps of its rivals Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint, the carrier has rolled out several changes to its current international roaming services.
Aimed at simplifying the international roaming process, AT&T’s International Day Pass allows you to pay a flat fee of $10 per day to access as much calling, texting and data as your plan allows you to. The Day Pass feature can easily be added to or removed from an individual line through the myAT&T app and works in more than 100 countries. You’ll also get free calls back to the US and within countries covered by the International Day Pass when the new feature goes live this Friday.
While it certainly takes the guesswork out of using your phone while traveling abroad, $10 per day can add up pretty quickly. There are a number of options available that can be even cheaper to use, like T-Mobile’s international roaming plans, which let you roam in more than 120 different countries without any additional data fees, Google’s Project Fi service — buying a local SIM card tends to be the cheapest but most complicated option.
Who’s planning on trying out AT&T’s International Day Pass feature on an upcoming trip?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.