AT&T Simplifies Its International Roaming Plans
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ever so slowly, mobile provider AT&T has been eliminating roaming fees and generally making it easier for customers to stay connected. Now, following in the footsteps of its rivals Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint, the carrier has rolled out several changes to its current international roaming services.
Aimed at simplifying the international roaming process, AT&T’s International Day Pass allows you to pay a flat fee of $10 per day to access as much calling, texting and data as your plan allows you to. The Day Pass feature can easily be added to or removed from an individual line through the myAT&T app and works in more than 100 countries. You’ll also get free calls back to the US and within countries covered by the International Day Pass when the new feature goes live this Friday.
While it certainly takes the guesswork out of using your phone while traveling abroad, $10 per day can add up pretty quickly. There are a number of options available that can be even cheaper to use, like T-Mobile’s international roaming plans, which let you roam in more than 120 different countries without any additional data fees, Google’s Project Fi service — buying a local SIM card tends to be the cheapest but most complicated option.
Who’s planning on trying out AT&T’s International Day Pass feature on an upcoming trip?
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.