This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When traveling internationally, it can be a pain to avoid wasting on money on things like foreign transaction fees and roaming charges on your wireless plan. Thankfully, there are alternative options to avoid incurring roaming fees when you’re trying to make calls internationally, such as Google Project Fi and free data in more than 120 countries with T-Mobile. And now AT&T is making communication easier for customers who are traveling to Mexico and Canada.
Beginning this Friday, AT&T customers with a Mobile Share Value 15GB and higher plan will have access to unlimited calling, texting and data between Mexico and the US. In addition, customers with the AT&T Unlimited Plan will have access to unlimited talk, text and data between the US, Mexico and Canada with no roaming charges. This is a great and welcome change for the carrier, as millions of AT&T customers travel to Canada and Mexico at least once a year.
To activate, call AT&T or visit myAT&T at att.com.
Featured image of Puerto Vallarta courtesy of Shutterstock.
The Points Guy Assessment:
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great pick for the beginner and the frequent traveler. The CSP has superb travel benefits, double points on certain purchases, and a 50,000 point sign up bonus. The $95 annual fee is waived the first year so this puts it as one of the less expensive cards, while still allowing you to earn one of the most valuable point currencies.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards