This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While your wallet could be thick on a day-to-day basis, stuffing in your Priority Pass card can be the final knockout in making your wallet too heavy to carry. Luckily, for some cardholders, you can download the Priority Pass app and display your membership card directly from your screen — no more worrying about having your card at check-in.
Unfortunately, not all cards are extended this convenient perk. Currently, the three cards that do have access to this feature are the Platinum Card from American Express, its business version and the Citi Prestige Card.
Two fantastic cards have also recently been announced, both of which include a Priority Pass Select membership, but neither allows you to access with the mobile app. The revamped Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card and the Chase Sapphire Reserve both give you a membership, but neither offers digital access. Although this may be a small inconvenience, the perks of the Ritz-Carlton Card, and the 100,000-point sign-up bonus for the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, may quickly outweigh the need to carry the card.
For a complete comparison of the cards that offer digital Priority Pass access, check out TPG Contributor Lori Zaino’s post.
Have you tried out the digital Priority Pass card?
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees