Earn at Least 30,000 Points With IHG's Q1 Accelerate Promotion
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card
Each quarter, IHG offers its Rewards Club members an individualized slate of "Accelerate" challenges. Challenges include staying a certain number of nights, at a certain number of brands or using a certain type of rate plan (i.e., Points and Cash).
Today, the Q1 2017 Accelerate promotion has been released for stays between January 1 and April 15, 2017. To see your challenges, click here to register for the promotion.
My offer was fairly solid:
- 3,000 Book and stay Once Get 3,000
- 10,000 Stay More, Earn More — 5 night(s)
- 19,200 Discover Our Brands — 3 brands
- 2,000 Stay for Less and Earn — 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash
- 1,500 Spend on your IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card — pay for one stay with your IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- 13,000 Your Achievement Bonus — Complete 4 of the 5 offers [above]
- 1,000 January Bonus Offer — Book and stay once in January
If this is your first Accelerate challenge, it's good to know that IHG will give you credit toward multiple challenges from the same stay. So, I can earn the maximum 49,700 points from my promotion in just three stays over five nights. Here's one possible combination:
- 1 night at a Holiday Inn Express paid for with my IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- 2 nights at a Holiday Inn using a Points and Cash rate
- 2 nights at a Candlewood Suites in January
Here are some terms and conditions to keep in mind for your planning:
- Each member will have the opportunity to earn at least 30,000 points
- Each offer must be completed between January 1, 2017 and April 15, 2017 (both dates inclusive)
- A stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out. So, you can't rack up multiple stays at the same hotel just by checking out and checking back in.
- The following don't count as qualifying stays: any stay at a Kimpton Hotel, net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third-party websites, complimentary hotel stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion
If your offer is good enough for you to focus on IHG hotels over the next few months, make sure to also register for this year's Priceless Surprises promotion. If you stay twice and pay for the stays with a MasterCard — such as the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card — you'll earn a MasterCard gift card and an entry into the grand prize.
What is your Accelerate offer?