This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
EVA Air is expanding its Sanrio-branded aircraft to a narrow-body plane: Say hello to the Gudetama A321. Just like with the other Hello Kitty planes, the theme goes way beyond the livery.
The Airbus A321 is configured for 176 passengers in economy and eight in business, and it’s EVA’s first branded plane of this type. Watch below as the aircraft gets its paint job.
The theme carries through inside: Gudetama-branded aprons for flight attendants as well as branded headrest covers, pillows, safety cards, menus, tray mats, hand towels, and even meals and snacks for passengers.
Right now, the A321 is scheduled to fly:
- BR 196 — Taipei Taoyuan 3:20pm Departure ⇒ Tokyo Narita 7:20pm Arrival
- BR 195 — Tokyo Narita 8:20pm Departure ⇒ Taipei Taoyuan 11:25pm Arrival
Note that those aren’t your only Hello Kitty-branded options. EVA flies four Hello Kitty planes on regional flights from Taiwan to Japan, Korea, and China and two Sanrio family-themed Boeing 777-300ERs serving Paris and Houston.
H/T: View from the Wing
Have you flown on a Sanrio-branded EVA aircraft?
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards