This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re looking to treat yourself to the ultimate splurge to ring in 2017, look no further than this one-of-a-kind flight. Private jet charter company PrivateFly is offering an opportunity to book a one-way flight on board a Gulfstream G650ER from Sydney to Los Angeles that will allow you to celebrate the arrival of 2017 twice — first in Sydney and then again in Los Angeles, which is a whole 19 hours behind Sydney. There are several nonstop commercial flights between the two cities, but none are scheduled such that you could make it to LA in time to celebrate the New Year a second time.
This unique opportunity isn’t going to come cheap, however. The 12-hour flight will set you back a staggering $191,000, but you can split the cost between a group of up to 18 people to make it a bit easier to swallow. On board, you’ll find all the components for a proper New Year’s Eve celebration including fine wines, Champagne and gourmet catering, however you’ll be responsible for making your own arrangements for each celebration in Sydney and LA.
If you’re still in need of New Year’s plans, you’re in luck — no one’s booked this flight yet, so you still have the chance to gather 17 of your closest friends and celebrate 2017 in quite possibly the coolest way ever.
Is anyone planning on taking the plunge and booking this almost $200,000 private flight?
Featured image of a factory-fresh G650ER from the Farnborough Air Show.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards