This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Last year, JetBlue and Amazon teamed up to offer Prime members unlimited streaming entertainment on flights, and now the two brands are expanding their partnership with a “shop and earn” program. Now, TrueBlue members who shop on Amazon — either on the ground or in the air via free Fly-Fi access — using a JetBlue link will earn 3 points per dollar spent.
Here’s how it works: Starting this month, if you’re on a JetBlue flight, log in to Fly-Fi using your TrueBlue membership info and then shop at Amazon.com to earn points. This benefit will begin rolling out to JetBlue planes this month, and it should be available fleet-wide by January 2017. If you’re shopping on the ground, simply sign in to your TrueBlue account and click on the Amazon link. You can also use this direct link here once you’re signed in.
Based on TPG’s latest valuations, 3 TrueBlue points per dollar equals a return of up to 4.2%. This new earning opportunity essentially works like an airline shopping portal, and you can double-dip by earning rewards through your credit card as well. For instance, you can currently earn 5% cash back on Amazon purchases (on up to $1,500 in purchases at Amazon, select department stores and Sam’s Club) with the Discover it Card, in addition to the 3 points per dollar you’d earn by shopping with the e-tailer through JetBlue’s link.
If boosting your TrueBlue account balance is a top award travel priority, this new partnership could come in quite handy — especially now that we’re in the holiday shopping season and many of us will turn to Amazon to purchase last-minute gifts.
Featured image courtesy of Joe Raedle via Getty Images.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.