This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Regardless of what your average TSA security checkpoint experience is like — whether you fly through or get stuck behind someone taking off their shoes slowly — it’s important to remember that TSA agents are there to protect us. A video that surfaced recently illustrates the point well: Watch as a 63-year-old-man sprays people waiting in line with wasp killer and attacks them with a machete.
The incident happened in 2015 at New Orleans’ Louis Armstrong International Airport (MSY), but video was just released. As you can see in the video above, the man rushed the TSA security lane, snared passengers standing in line with an insecticide and then rushed at people with the weapon. He then chased after a female TSA agent before being shot three times by a airport police lieutenant. The attacker later died of his injuries.
H/T: Daily Mail
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.