This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Update 12/21/16: This promo has been extended through January 31, 2017, so you still have a few weeks to earn.
Earlier this year, Hilton launched its summer promotion, which it ended up extending through the end of the year. With the Double Up promotion, Honors members who register will receive 2x points on every hotel stay. And now, with the success that the chain has had with that promotion, it’s extending it to include an added bonus for booking stays through the Hilton Honors app.
Honors members who complete a stay booked through the app will receive triple points for the entire stay. Note that you must register for the Double Up promotion in order to be eligible for the triple points offer when booking through the app, however, if you’ve already registered for the promotion there’s no need to do so again. Once registered, you’ll earn triple points for any stay between October 4 and December 31, 2016, when you book through the Hilton Honors app.
As a reminder, all hotels in the Hilton portfolio are eligible for this promotion and there are no minimum stay requirements, which makes the bonus even sweeter. In addition, there’s no cap on how many points you can earn through this promotion. So, the more you stay at Hilton properties through the end of the year, the more you’ll be rewarded — just be sure to book through the app to take full advantage.
Keep in mind that you can also maximize your rewards even further by spending on select credit cards, such as the Hilton Honors Surpass Credit Card from American Express. The card has a sign-up bonus of 75,000 after you spend $3,000 in the first three months. With the card, you’ll earn 12x points for every dollar spent with a Hilton property, as well as 6x points at US restaurants, supermarkets and gas stations and 3x points on all other purchases. With the 12x points you get from the card coupled with the Gold elite status bonus (you also get with the card) and the 3x bonus for booking through the app with this promotion, you could be getting a pretty fantastic return on your stays.
Featured image courtesy of the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.