This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In addition to regularly being cited as one of the world’s best carriers, Turkish Airlines has been lauded for its in-flight cuisine and spectacular airport lounges. But if the bulk of your travel with the airline tends to be domestic, you’ve been missing out on the full Turkish Airlines experience… until now. On Friday, September 30, the airline opened the doors to its first US-based lounge at Dulles International Airport (IAD) in Washington, D.C.
Coming in at a generous 5,000 square feet, the lounge — which has seating for up to 120 travelers and is open to all business-class customers in addition to all Turkish Airlines’ Miles&Smiles Elite and Elite Plus members — brings a piece of Turkey to our nation’s capital.
According to Daily Sabah, the lounge’s impressive food and drink buffet features a number of Turkish delicacies, including Ayran and Turkish coffee. In what can only be described as a meta piece of reporting, Daily Sabah also noted that the latest issue of Daily Sabah will be available to lounge dwellers as well.
Among the lounge’s other amenities are complimentary Wi-Fi, bathroom and shower facilities, a “Business Corner” with six computers and a fully-stocked bar, as well as prayer and relaxation rooms. There are also jars of freshly-baked cookies, and we’ve got the photo below to prove it.
Have you gotten a chance to visit the new Turkish Airlines Lounge at IAD? Tell us about your experience, below.
Featured image courtesy of Turkish Airlines Lounge’s Facebook page.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.