This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TAP Portugal has been expanding its service this year, including launching flights from Lisbon (LIS) to Boston (BOS) and New York (JFK). And now the carrier has more good news to share: It will begin replacing the dated angle-flat seats on seven A330s in its fleet, opting for a much-improved lie-flat seat instead.
To support its growth, TAP has been leasing two planes from Brazilian carrier Azul. But while Azul features fully lie-fat staggered business-class seats, TAP’s own A330s are outfitted with angle-flat seats in the business cabin. Not ideal for long-haul flights.
TAP will be upgrading the planes through 2017 and will also be reconfiguring some galley and closet space, increasing the business-class seat count by one (from 24 to 25).
The seats will be similar to what you’ll find on Swiss’ A330 business class and Finnair’s A330 business class.
As for the rest of the fleet, TAP will be replacing some aircraft with new A330-900neos in 2017.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Have you flown TAP’s business-class product?
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.