This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Air France-KLM Group is finally bringing wireless internet to more of its long-haul flights, signing an agreement with Gogo to bring Wi-Fi to part of the fleet by the end of 2017. The is a huge step forward for a company that’s stated that passengers “just weren’t interested” in having Wi-Fi on board, preferring instead to remain disconnected above the clouds.
With the new agreement, Gogo will bring Wi-Fi to 68 Air France Boeing 777s and 15 Airbus A330s, as well as 29 KLM Boeing 777s and 12 Airbus A330s. In all, that’s an upgrade to more than 120 planes in the carrier’s long-haul fleet. The planes will be outfitted with Gogo’s 2Ku, the latest in in-flight Wi-Fi technology.
It’s worth noting that part of the company’s fleet is already equipped with Wi-Fi. Eight of KLM’s 787s operate with in-flight surfing capabilities, and Air France will operate its first Wi-Fi-equipped Dreamliner as of January 9, 2017.
Featured image courtesy of Air France-KLM.
Would you fly long-haul without Wi-Fi?
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.