This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 10/17/16 5:12pm ET: Uber has now apparently pulled the promo entirely, so even if you managed to register you won’t be getting a free ride. Sorry folks!
Update 10/17/16 4:49pm ET: Unfortunately the $20 off promo is no longer available if you haven’t already signed up.
This deal may only be available to a limited number of customers, and for a limited time. Be sure to register right away to see if you’re eligible.
New Uber customers can often score a free ride (up to $20) by signing up via a referral link (such as TPG’s here), but sometimes we’ve seen promotions for a $20 discount available to existing customers as well. For the time being, even current Uber customers can score a free ride (again, up to $20) by entering promo code uberadl16 on the promotions tab of the app. The promo says that it’s only valid for scheduled rides, but users have reported that it will indeed apply for any ride. This credit appears to be valid in the United States and must be redeemed by December 31, 2016.
If you don’t already have an Uber account, you can sign up here to receive additional free ride (up to $20) from TPG. Also keep in mind that you should sync a credit card with your Uber account that will earn you the greatest return on your ride, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x points per dollar on travel.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards