This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Low-cost carrier WOW Air just announced it’ll be adding flights from Miami (MIA) to Reykjavik (KEF) beginning in April 2017, with three nonstop flights per week departing from MIA on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
To celebrate the new route, the carrier is offering introductory one-way fares from Miami to Reykjavik for $99 and flights from Miami to other European cities like Paris, London and Berlin via Iceland from $150 one-way. You can also add on a free stopover in Iceland before continuing to your final destination.
Note that WOW Air is considered to be a budget airline, so while initial prices appear to be low, you can expect to be charged extra fees for almost everything else, including baggage and seat selection, as well as other in-flight amenities. That being said, we’ve had a good experience with the airline so far and it can be a great way to get to Iceland — or Europe — for less.
Sample fares from Miami (MIA) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $99 one-way:
Sample fares from Miami (MIA) to London (LGW) for $150 one-way:
Miami marks the sixth U.S. destination for WOW Air, along with Baltimore, Boston, Los Angeles, Newark (starting this November) and San Francisco. The new route will be serviced by the airline’s Airbus A330-300, offering a single-class configuration and the ability to hold 350 passengers.
Would you fly Wow Air to Iceland? Sound off, below.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards