This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You don’t have to have ever traveled to Dubai to know that subtlety is not one of the United Arab Emirates city’s strong suits. Like Las Vegas on steroids, Dubai is already home to a list of “world’s biggest” things, including the biggest mall (The Dubai Mall) and the world’s tallest skyscraper (the Burj Khalifa, although an even taller building is currently in the works). Last week, the city notched another record-breaking venue when the doors to IMG Worlds of Adventure, the world’s largest indoor theme park, opened to the public.
Occupying 1.5 million square feet of real estate — the equivalent of about 28 football fields — IMG Worlds of Adventure (which, according to CNN, cost $1 billion and took three years to build) is home to dozens of rides, roller coasters, attractions, restaurants and retail outlets. Among its most unique offerings is Lost Valley, a dinosaur-themed series of attractions that takes visitors back to prehistoric times, plus separate Marvel- and Cartoon Network-branded “Adventure Zones,” where The Avengers take center stage with Hulk Epsilon Base 3D, Thor Thunder Spin and a restaurant courtesy of Tony “Iron Man” Stark.
The Cartoon Network Adventure Zone features The Powerpuff Girls, Adventure Time and other live shows. In addition to being home to The Haunted Hotel, the IMG Boulevard Adventure Zone is where you’ll find the bulk of the facility’s restaurants and shopping facilities (note: candy is a major theme here). Let the games begin!
Will you be visiting this new indoor theme park?
Featured image courtesy of IMG Worlds of Adventure.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards