This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re lucky enough to travel to or from the exotic continent of Africa and you’re flying with Delta Air Lines, checking in for your flight has one odd requirement — you must have the credit card you booked with in order to check in. This requirement’s enforced by Delta to protect the cardholder from fraud. TPG himself traveled to Accra, Ghana, over the summer for an event with PeaceJam and luckily, he had his credit card that he booked with. Similarly, you’d also need your credit card even if you booked an award ticket and just paid for the taxes and fees with the card.
If you’ve saved up your Delta SkyMiles and are treating someone else to an award ticket — or even if you’re buying a revenue ticket for them — make sure to use their credit card since they’ll need it in their name in order to fly. Check out TPG’s full experience to see what it’s like to fly this route.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.