This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
By this time tomorrow, Marriott will be the proud new owner of Starwood Hotels. Since the news of this acquisition first broke almost a year ago, we’ve received countless questions about the future of Starwood Preferred Guest and Marriott Rewards. We know that big changes will be coming to both chains’ loyalty programs — and, eventually, SPG may be no more — but when will this process begin, and what adjustments might members expect?
Fortunately, we shouldn’t have to wait much longer to get some answers to your most pressing questions. TPG will be sitting down with the heads of the Starwood Preferred Guest and Marriott Rewards programs tomorrow morning at 10am ET for a session on Facebook Live. If time permits, we’ll ask some of the questions you share during the session, but we’d really love to hear from you now.
Below are 5 of the 15 questions we may ask tomorrow — check out this post for the rest.
1. When will Marriott begin the process of combining the Starwood Preferred Guest program with Marriott Rewards?
2. Will Starwood Preferred Guest disappear entirely, or will it be run alongside Marriott Rewards?
3. What will become of the Starwood Preferred Guest credit cards?
4. When will Starwood members be able to redeem points for Marriott hotels, and vice versa?
5. Will SPG Gold members be matched to Marriott Gold? And Platinum to Platinum?
If you have a question for the SPG/Marriott Rewards leadership, please share it as a comment below. Then, during tomorrow’s Facebook Live, TPG will ask a mix of our questions and yours. If there’s something you’d like to know, please be sure to chime in below — then tune in here at 10am ET tomorrow!
Featured image courtesy of Marriott Madrid.
- Earn a $100 statement credit after you make $1,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn an additional $100 statement credit after your first purchase on the Card at a participating SPG® or Marriott Rewards® hotel within your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- From now through July 31, 2018: Earn 2 Starpoints® for every dollar of eligible purchases on the Card at participating SPG® and Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other eligible purchases.
- On August 1, 2018, SPG will convert every one Starpoint in a loyalty member account to three points. In general, corresponding redemption changes will occur. Visit members.marriott.com for details.
- Effective August 1, 2018: Earn 6 points for every dollar of eligible purchases on the Card at participating SPG and Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 2 points for all other eligible purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Earn free nights at over 1,500 hotels and resorts in over 100 countries with no blackout dates. Some hotels may have mandatory service and resort charges.
- Enjoy complimentary, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices at more than 1,000,000 Boingo hotspots worldwide. Enrollment required.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees