This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Using HotelTonight is one of the easiest ways to book a last-minute hotel stay for less. The one thing the app always had going against it though, was the lack of a loyalty program — and oftentimes, hotels won’t allow travelers to earn credit on stays booked through HotelTonight. That’s all about to change, however, as the company just announced its new “loyalty program” of sorts, HT Perks.
HT Perks is designed to be like a video game — once you achieve a certain level of loyalty, you’ll have it forever. There are no expiration dates when your “status” will expire, and the only way to move is up. What makes this addition even more attractive is that all of your past stays booked with HotelTonight count toward meeting the minimum spend for each level of HT Perks. If you booked a two-night stay for $200 back in January, for instance, you’ll automatically be granted Level 1 “status” with HT Perks.
Here’s how its levels break down and the kinds of perks you’ll get:
- Level 1 — Reached after spending $100 with HotelTonight
- Extra-discounted rates
- Level 2 — Reached after spending $750 with HotelTonight
- An extra 5% discount off Level 1 rates
- Exclusive offers and surprises to inspire more adventures
- Level 3 — Reached after spending $5,000 with HotelTonight
- An extra 10% discount off Level 1 rates
- More exclusive offers and surprises than Level 2
- VIP customer support
Once you’ve achieved the spending requirement for one of the levels, your HT Perks profile will automatically update. From then on, whenever you’re searching for hotels, you’ll see a a blue animated badge in the corner of any listings that offer discounts and benefits for HT Perks members. So far, many popular hotels like the Calamigos Guest Ranch and Beach Club in Malibu, Hotel Triton in San Francisco (pictured above) and The Orlando Hotel in Los Angeles, have opted in to offer members discounted rates and other additional perks.
It’s worth noting that if you’ve achieved one of the HT Perks levels, you can stack the discounted rate with another offer, such as the current one with Capital One. If you use your Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card or Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card to book your stay and plug in promo code VENTURE, you’ll score a 10% discount on all stays.
Ultimately, this is a very welcome addition from HotelTonight. The ability to earn benefits like you would in a loyalty program is an area where the service was lacking, and the simplicity and no-nonsense frills of the new HT Perks program make this a particularly helpful option. If you don’t yet have a HotelTonight account, it’s not too late to join and work toward meeting one of the HT Perks levels — you can even get a $25 credit on your first stay by using promo code BKELLY99 when you sign up.
Featured image courtesy of Hotel Triton.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.