This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Now that airlines have begun flying nonstop from the US to Cuba, it’s become much easier to book flights to Havana, Cienfuegos and a number of other destinations throughout the island nation. But, while airlines have been selling tickets for months, it hasn’t yet been possible to search for airfares using our beloved Google Flights. Fortunately, that just changed. As of today, you can now search for round-trip, one-way and multi-city flights from anywhere in the world to Cuba.
Searches are just as seamless as they are for any other destination — just input your origin, destination and dates to begin a search.
You’ll see all of the available options (though note that Southwest fares are not available via Google Flights).
Once you select the flights you’d like, you’ll see pricing and your options to book — for now, it appears that you need to ticket these flights directly through the airline’s website, and you can’t mix and match carriers (though you can book two one-ways). You can also track pricing, just as you can with other destinations.
It’s even possible to search for a multi-city itinerary, as you can see below.
And, finally, the Google Flights map view is available as well, making it very easy to compare fares to multiple destinations in the region.
Ultimately, this is fantastic news for anyone searching for flights to Cuba. Google Flights is incredibly responsive and straightforward, and having this tool at our disposal takes a lot of the guess work out of booking a flight to Cuba. Here’s a sample Google Flights search to get you started.
Featured image by Joe Raedle/Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards