This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
No one looks forward to driving to the Hamptons on a busy summer day; the traffic is ridiculous and no matter how you slice it, there are no shortcuts. Travel by helicopter, however, and the trip becomes one of the best parts of the whole experience, especially when you can get there in under 40 minutes. The catch: Helicopters generally aren’t cheap.
Enter Blade, the helicopter company, and its killer Same-Day Sunday Slingshot deal. This weekend (and on Labor Day weekend and the weekend of September 11), passengers can fly round-trip from Manhattan to Southampton for $295 each way. You read that right — it’s normally $695 for a one-way trip. But this is so much more than just a transportation alternative.
The day starts with a 9:30am mimosa toast at Blade Lounge West in New York City before the flight leaves at 10:00am, arriving in Southhampton by 10:38am. You’ll then be driven to the T-Mobile Beach Lounge, where you can spend the day sunbathing in chaise lounges, taking dips in the ocean and enjoying various beach activities. Lunch includes a bento box filled with chips and guacamole, a Mexican fruit cup, a mozzarella pesto caprese sandwich on a French baguette and a grilled-chicken Greek salad. They’ll be pouring rosé all day too. Finally, at 4:00pm, you’ll fly back over all that pesky Sunday traffic and arrive to a sunset “wine-down” back at the Blade Lounge — no traffic and no designated drivers needed.
Note that there are only four helicopters taking this trip, so space is limited. Click here to purchase your flight now.
Featured image courtesy of Blade.
The Points Guy Assessment:
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great pick for the beginner and the frequent traveler. The CSP has superb travel benefits, double points on certain purchases, and a 50,000 point sign up bonus. The $95 annual fee is waived the first year so this puts it as one of the less expensive cards, while still allowing you to earn one of the most valuable point currencies.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards