This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
Yesterday, we alerted you to wide open business-class availability on award flights to Europe with Austrian. But if you’re looking to burn Delta miles, which can’t be used on Star Alliance, this economy and Delta One award sale to Europe gives you an opportunity to do just that.
In order to take advantage of the sale, you must book your tickets by August 25 for travel between September 23, 2016 and April 6, 2017. Unfortunately there are many dates and routes that are unavailable for Main Cabin, Delta One or both as part of this particular sale, though there may be availability at the regular rates. If you’re interested in redeeming your Delta SkyMiles for this sale, check the terms and conditions on Delta’s website for the full list of dates and routes that are not eligible.
Keep in mind that Delta doesn’t publish an award chart, so there’s no telling how significantly discounted these awards are.
Here are some sample bookings:
New York (JFK) to Amsterdam (AMS) round-trip for 107,000 SkyMiles + $49.26 in Delta One in November:
You can fly between New York (JFK) and Amsterdam (AMS) round-trip for 107,000 SkyMiles in Delta One. For Main Cabin travel, the redemption levels fall to 49,000 SkyMiles + $49.26.
Boston (BOS) to London Heathrow (LHR) round-trip for 107,000 SkyMiles + $266.56 in Delta One in November:
You can fly between Boston (BOS) and London Heathrow (LHR) round-trip for 107,000 SkyMiles in Delta One. For Main Cabin travel, the redemption level drops to 49,000 SkyMiles plus taxes and fees.
Atlanta (ATL) to Dusseldorf, Germany (DUS) round-trip for 107,000 SkyMiles + $95.56 in Delta One in November:
You can fly between Atlanta (ATL) and Dusseldorf (DUS) round-trip for 107,000 SkyMiles plus taxes & fees. The award redemption drops to 49,000 SkyMiles plus taxes & fees for Main Cabin.
This could be a good redemption if you’ve got a bunch of SkyMiles you’re looking to use and have been planning a trip to Europe. If you’re looking to increase your stash of SkyMiles, consider applying for the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, which is currently offering a welcome bonus of 30,000 SkyMiles after you spend $1,000 in the first three months.
H/T: View from the Wing
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.