This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Well, that was quick. It took the rideshare service six years to reach its billionth ride around Christmas of 2015. Now, Uber’s released it’s surpassed two billion rides within six months — thanks to 147 passengers in 16 different countries across five continents who completed rides at the exact same time on June 18, 2016.
Each of the lucky 147 riders who share the unique distinction of being Uber’s two billionth ride will receive $450, representing Uber’s presence in 450 cities around the world. Despite the issues Uber has faced in some cities, the rideshare service continues to become more and more popular around the globe. Uber’s three billionth ride could come in an even shorter amount of time, thanks to new services like $5 flat rate commutes in large cities like New York.
Keep in mind that when using Uber, there are certain credit cards that can help you maximize the money you spend on each ride. If you don’t have an Uber account, you can sign up now to receive a free ride (up to $20), courtesy of TPG.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.