This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It feels like only yesterday we were launching TPGtv, our video series spotlighting the world’s most spectacular destinations and highlighting how you can maximize points and miles to book your own amazing travel adventures. Well, it’s been nearly six months — our very first video went live in February — and we’ve come a long way since then (8.4 million views and counting, to be exact).
Today, I’m thrilled to announce the launch of the new TPGtv, which captures memorable moments from my recent, colorful trip to Japan.
So what’s new? Everything. For starters, the videos are shorter, running about 90 seconds to three minutes. And they focus on specific topics. The first video, below, is a 90-second clip about how you can book a flight in Singapore Suites for (almost) free using Krisflyer Miles — that’s a first-class flight worth more than $7,000 by the way.
To make these videos even more fun and user-friendly, we added helpful captions so you can get all the essential info without even turning on the sound. In less than two minutes, you’ll find out how to search for flights, score discounts and identify the best way to book your trip. Check out the latest TPGtv episode, below:
We’ll unveil new episodes every week so you can follow along with me as I explore Japan — whether I’m sampling local delicacies, visiting the exquisite springtime cherry blossoms or hunting for the best hotels. To name just a few upcoming episodes, we have “Bullet Trains and Blowfish in Osaka,” “7 Must-Try Dishes in Tokyo” and “ANA’s Star Wars Plane.” And yes, we’re still running in-depth flight and hotel reviews.
Stay tuned for our next episode of TPGtv, where I take you on an inside tour of LAX’s secret celebrity airport lounge and show you how to access a little-known perk offered only to the high roller crowd.
Can’t wait to see what I’m working on next? Follow along with all my travel adventures on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat for a behind-the-scenes look at what’s coming up on TPGtv, and don’t forget to subscribe to The Points Guy on YouTube — you’ll be notified as soon as each new episode appears.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards