This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Back in March, there was a great promotion that allowed you to score 55,000 bonus Aeroplan miles when transferring loyalty points. And now, the promotion is back. The current promotion runs through August 15, 2016, and allows customers to transfer hotel loyalty points and receive up to 55,000 bonus Aeroplan Miles, which can then be used toward future award travel.
Even though you can’t transfer from every hotel loyalty program, Aeroplan offers an extensive list of transfer partners, including Starwood Preferred Guest, Marriott Rewards, and Hilton HHonors, among others, allowing you to receive the transfer bonus by transferring from a combination of these partners. Note that conversions from American Express Membership Rewards are not eligible as part of this promotion. Also note that you don’t need to register for this promotion, and the bonus miles will post to your account 7-10 days after the eligible transactions are complete.
Aeroplan has consistently been viewed as a cost-effective program for transferring points to its partner brands, and despite a devaluation of the program in December, you can still find some great travel options — you’re also able to redeem your points to cover taxes and surcharges. Starwood is a great option for cashing in Aeroplan Miles since members can earn 5,000 bonus points for every 20,000 SPG points transferred. For example, if you were to transfer 160,000 Starpoints, your Aeroplan balance would be exactly 200,000 (with a 40,000 SPG bonus), and you’ll receive the maximum transfer bonus from Aeroplan, netting you 255,000 Aeroplan Miles.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.