This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Uber has shared the details of a new pilot program in the greater Boston area, giving customers the ability to purchase an UberPool Pass at a flat rate for trips from July 1 through July 31, 2016. Although UberPool doesn’t give you a private ride, the prices are usually significantly lower than what you’d be charged to have the car to yourself. If you don’t have an Uber account you can receive a free ride up to $20 by signing up with this link.
Riders can choose from a 20-ride Pool pass for $40, or a 40-ride Pool pass for $75. With the pass, each ride will cost you just $.01, even during surge pricing. After factoring in the cost of the pre-paid pass, each ride only costs $2.01. To participate in this pilot program, you have to purchase one of the passes within the Uber app between June 20 and June 29. After you select the pass you want, your credit card will be charged either $40 or $75. You’ll also receive a confirmation email with a reminder that your rides can begin on July 1.
Thanks to TPG reader Vidit C., who shared this news tip by emailing email@example.com. We’ll be sending out a $200 Visa gift card as a token of our appreciation.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards