This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amid the continued long lines plaguing the nation’s airports, American Airlines and United Airlines both committed around $4 million to assist the TSA with the screening process in hopes of reducing wait times for passengers. Today, Delta Air Lines has become the third major airline to spend around $4 million to aid the TSA in processing passengers more quickly.
In addition to offering free CLEAR expedited security to its Diamond Medallion members and partnering with the membership service to expand access to the airline’s hub airports, Delta is taking extra steps to ensure a quicker screening process for passengers. Highlights of the carrier’s plan include: deploying extra workers to assist with bin collection and giving instructions to passengers, implementing strategies from industry experts on how to improve passenger flow and utilizing completely redesigned security checkpoints at Atlanta-Hartsfield Jackson International Airport (ATL).
The “Big Three” airlines clearly believe that their multi-million dollar investments will help move people through security lines quicker this summer. If you’re traveling during this busy peak period, be sure to check out our 10 suggestions for getting through the screening process faster and don’t forget to enroll in TSA PreCheck or Global Entry.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards