United Follows AA’s Lead and Adds Workers to Help the TSA
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week, American Airlines shared its plans to hire workers to aid the TSA in the screening process at Chicago’s O’Hare airport, and now United Airlines has announced that it too would join the effort to help speed up the security lines at major airports. The airline has committed an additional $4 million in an effort to alleviate the outrageously long wait times passengers have been experiencing lately.
Highlights of United’s plan include: hiring additional workers to help with pre-screening steps, holding flights and prioritizing security lines for passengers with flights that are departing very soon, installing new consolidated security checkpoints with extra lanes at Newark (EWR) and Los Angeles (LAX), redesigning checkpoints in Chicago (ORD) and installing TSA PreCheck enrollment centers in all hub airports as well as other key locations.
It’s great to see airlines take some action in hopes of making the process easier for flyers, however, the best way to ensure a smoother and more timely screening process is to sign up for TSA PreCheck (or Global Entry) now.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees