This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week, American Airlines shared its plans to hire workers to aid the TSA in the screening process at Chicago’s O’Hare airport, and now United Airlines has announced that it too would join the effort to help speed up the security lines at major airports. The airline has committed an additional $4 million in an effort to alleviate the outrageously long wait times passengers have been experiencing lately.
Highlights of United’s plan include: hiring additional workers to help with pre-screening steps, holding flights and prioritizing security lines for passengers with flights that are departing very soon, installing new consolidated security checkpoints with extra lanes at Newark (EWR) and Los Angeles (LAX), redesigning checkpoints in Chicago (ORD) and installing TSA PreCheck enrollment centers in all hub airports as well as other key locations.
It’s great to see airlines take some action in hopes of making the process easier for flyers, however, the best way to ensure a smoother and more timely screening process is to sign up for TSA PreCheck (or Global Entry) now.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.