This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to travel. Additionally, keep in mind that discounted partner fares may not earn miles with US-based carriers.
Thinking about heading to Europe? It’s time to book your trip — right now. A handful of airlines are offering unreal business-class fares from North America to several European destinations. From what we’ve managed to dig up so far, it looks like both American and Delta are attacking United hubs from the US, with incredible deals from Denver, Houston, Newark and San Francisco to Istanbul, Prague, Germany and Switzerland.
The hands-down cheapest fares are from Houston to Venice via AARP and the Visa discount (see this post for instructions), priced at just $1,058 round-trip, but you can also book biz flights from San Francisco to Istanbul from $1,086 round-trip (without an AARP membership). All flights covered as part of this deal price at less than $1,600 round-trip.
Complete your search on Google Flights and head to your preferred airline’s website to book.
Airlines: SkyTeam and Oneworld
Routes: US cities to Europe
Cost: $1,058+ round-trip in business class
Dates: August 2016 – March 2017
Booking Link: Orbitz
Pay With: American Express Premier Rewards Gold, Citi Prestige or Chase Sapphire Preferred
Here are some examples of what you can book:
Houston (IAH) to Venice (VCE) for $1,058 round-trip in business class on British Airways:
San Francisco (SFO) to Istanbul (IST) for $1,086 round-trip in business class on Air France and KLM:
Toronto (YYZ) to Munich (MUC) for $1,202 round-trip in business class on Air France and KLM:
San Francisco (SFO) to Zurich (ZRH) for $1,569 round-trip in business class on Delta:
Newark (EWR) to Munich (MUC) for $1,586 round-trip in business class on Delta:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards