This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The American Airlines AAdvantage program has had its ups and downs — most recently, its massive devaluation in March — but there’s still a lot to appreciate about the program. The carrier is now celebrating the 35 anniversary of AAdvantage by giving away 350,000 AAdvantage miles to 35 grand prize winners. Although your odds of winning the grand prize aren’t that high, you can still make out, as you’ll get 350 AAdvantage miles just for entering.
To register, visit AA’s website, where you’ll enter all the basic info and what milestone you’re celebrating. You’ll automatically receive 350 AAdvantage miles, but you can also get 350 additional miles by sharing your milestone on Facebook, Twitter or through email. The promotion is active through 1:00pm EST (12:00pm CDT) on June 1, 2016, so act fast. The miles you get will post to your AAdvantage account within 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends.
While these easy 700 AAdvantage miles won’t exactly get you a free flight, there’s really no reason not to sign up.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards