If you have some SkyMiles to burn and you’re looking to fly from the US to Europe between June 3 and October 29, 2016, you’re in luck! Through next Thursday, April 21, you can book round-trip Delta One (business class) awards from several US cities to a handful of European destinations from just 105,000 miles round-trip (flights from the West Coast are 115,000 miles), plus taxes and fees.
Note that while this award typically requires 125,000 (or many more) miles, it’s not uncommon for airlines to deeply discount paid (and award) business-class fares for summer travel to Europe, as business travel tends to tip during that time.
Delta offers lie-flat seats on all of its Delta One flights, and while the airline’s loyalty program isn’t the most rewarding, it’s hard to beat the product and service. You’ll also get decent in-flight meals, noise-canceling headphones and a pretty spiffy Tumi amenity kit. 105,000 SkyMiles is definitely hard to beat.
A list on Delta’s promo page implies that this offer is only available on certain routes, as you can see above, but you should be able to find 105,000-mile round-trip flights between other cities as well.
Take this JFK-LHR round-trip, for example:
Or this round-trip flight between Seattle and London:
Need More Delta Miles?
If you’re short a few Delta miles, you fortunately have a few options. Your first pick would probably be to transfer Amex Membership Rewards points, which should appear in your SkyMiles account instantly. Alternatively, you can transfer points from Starwood Preferred Guest (20,000 points gets you 25,000 miles) — in our experience, transfers from SPG to Delta take a bit over 24 hours to complete, which should give you enough time to receive your miles and book before April 21.
If you’re looking to boost your Membership Rewards balance after a transfer, consider adding the Amex Premier Rewards Gold card, which is currently offering a bonus of 25,000 points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months (you may receive a larger offer via the CardMatch Tool). Or, if you’re looking for more Starpoints, consider the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express, which will net you 25,000 points after you spend $3,000 in the first three months.
H/T: View from the Wing
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards