This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
More consolidation could be coming to the airline industry soon with rumors that part or all of Virgin America might be sold off. No official decisions or plans have been made as of yet, but the airline is reportedly reaching out to potential (and unknown) buyers about a full or partial sale of the carrier. Virgin America hasn’t officially commented on the situation, so there’s no indication of these plans coming directly from the source as of yet.
These seem to be very early rumors of potential changes to Virgin America. It’s entirely possible that the carrier won’t sell and the airline’s operations will remain unchanged. Virgin America is improving its service by adding better Wi-Fi (including in-flight Netflix streaming) and new service to Hawaii, among other benefits. Nonetheless, the future of the carrier is presently unclear.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.