This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Change fees are one of the worst parts of booking flights. You never know when something will come up — and there’s not much you can do to get around paying. It’s also one of the reasons that dealing with Southwest can be such a pleasure. Virgin America is the latest airline to offer such a perk — but you’ll have to pay for it.
Typically, a change fee is $100-150 on the airline, but this latest benefit will tack $25 on top of your normal ticket price. It allows unlimited changes to your ticket — you’ll just have to pay a difference in fare (if applicable). Travelers will be able to alter the flight date, time, origin and destination of the original ticket booked, although name changes and cabin class changes are not permitted. Additionally, if you hold the Virgin America Premium Visa Signature Card, this feature is offered complimentary.
Thanks to TPG reader Justin P., who shared this news tip by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be sending out a $200 Visa gift card as a token of our appreciation.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards