This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking to bolster your Virgin America Elevate wallet? The airline recently launched a new referral promotion that will reward members with 500 points for each friend you can get to sign up for the Elevate rewards program. Unfortunately, the promotion caps you at 2,500 points (worth up to $57.50 based on TPG’s valuation), but it may still be worth the effort.
If you’re not already am Elevate member, you can also earn 500 points for creating a new account, but note that this does count towards the 2,500 point cap. The promotion is available through March 31, so there’s still plenty of time to start recruiting.
Virgin America’s award tickets are based on the cash price of a ticket, so even a small number of points can go a long way — especially on lower-priced routes like Los Angeles to Las Vegas, which often have one-way fares below the 2,500-point mark. You can also earn a 50% bonus when you transfer Amex Membership Rewards to Elevate through March 10.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards